Cruise Lake Mead & See Hoover Dam
Price from $94.99 per person!
Street Level Displays and Exhibits
- “Winged Figures of the Republic”: This bronze masterpiece is directly across the street from the Visitor’s Center. A presentation at this site discusses the concepts the artist had mind in creating the statues, as well as the star map located at its base.
- The Old Exhibit Building: Used as a headquarters for soldiers during World War II, this building is located around the corner from the winged figures.
- The Nevada Intake Tower: From this location on the Nevada side of the dam, visitors will learn about the power of water in generating electricity and some of the artwork incorporated into the towers surrounding the power plant elevators.
- Talks by guides are presented every 15 minutes from 9:30 AM to 5:45 PM.
- Restrooms are located on level 1 of the garage, on the Visitor Center’s theater level and near the Exhibit Gallery, adjacent to the Old Exhibit Building, and on top of the dam.
- You will have astonishing views and photo opportunities as you walk across the newly built Pat Tillman-Mike O’Callaghan Memorial Bridge.
Ride in style to the Hoover Dam in a luxury van. While on the way you can learn about Las Vegas, Lake Mead, Boulder City and Hoover Dam. At the dam you will see a short movie on the dam’s construction, the generator room plus have access to the exhibit halls and observation deck. There will be ample time to explore and take photos at the Hoover Dam. Then you will take a scenic cruise aboard the Desert Princess, a U. S. Coast Guard certified three-level paddle-wheeler. Lunch will be served as you cruise the smooth waters of Lake Mead. On the return trip to Las Vegas you will make a stop at the iconic Las Vegas Welcome sign.
- Free Wi-Fi is on our buses and VIP vans. This is a complimentary service provided for our customers use. As with all Wi-Fi in transit, it can be unpredictable with periods of no reception.
- Theater Level Displays: Murals, maps, photos and other displays provide an introduction to Hoover Dam history.
- Theater One: “How the West was Won”: This presentation describes the contribution of the Bureau of Reclamation in taming the rivers and its contribution in helping settle the West and growing the food that feeds the nation.
- The Power Plant Generators: Take the large elevators 500 feet down through the wall of Black Canyon, walk through a 250-foot long tunnel drilled out of rock, and view the 650-foot long Nevada wing of the power plant and its eight huge generators.
- Penstock Viewing Platform: View one of the four huge 30-foot-diameter pipes that transport nearly 90,000 gallons of water each second from Lake Mead to the hydroelectric generators in the powerhouse.
- The Exhibit Gallery: Located on the plaza level of the Visitor’s Center, these exhibits highlight some of the natural history of the region and present a picture of how Hoover Dam was constructed and how it presently operates. It may be accessed by taking the stairs or elevator located in the center of the theater level.
- The Overlook: May be accessed by taking the stairs or elevator adjacent to the Exhibit Gallery. There is a beautiful panoramic view from the observation deck that encompasses Lake Mead and the Colorado River. Camera enthusiasts will want to photograph the view. A guide will point out significant features of the dam and its surroundings. Inside the observation room is a sculpture presented by businesses in the Colorado River Lower Basin States whose customers cover the cost of operating the dam.
If you have a pacemaker and/or defibrillator implant you will be able to see everything at the Hoover Dam except the Generator Rooms at the bottom.
- Courtesy premium pickup and drop off. If you are not picked up within five minutes of your pick-up time, do not wait. Please CALL US IMMEDIATELY.
- Refreshments on board
- Personal VIP travel pack
- Photo opportunities of Lake Mead, Colorado River, Boulder City and Black Canyon
- Experience the movie, generator room, exhibit halls, observation deck
- Cruise on Lake Mead
- Hot lunch aboard the Desert Princess
- Stop at the Las Vegas Welcome sign
- FREE Hoover Dam Hat valued at $20
- Departs from Las Vegas
$94.99 per person
The price you see is the price you pay. There are no suprises with the price.
Reserve tours one day to one year in advance.
For tours booked the night before travel or the same day please call to make your reservation.
The tour operates with a minimum of 4 passengers.
Tour Times: 8:30 AM on Monday through Saturday from February 8 – November 30
Time at the Hoover Dam: Approximately 2 hours
Cruise Time: Approximately 2 hours
Tour Length: Approximately 7 hours
This tour does not operate December 1 – March 14
Charter the entire VIP Van for your private group VIP tour with the minimum of eight passengers. Call today to reserve your special group VIP tour.
- Service dogs may travel with the correct and current paperwork.
- Small oxygen tanks are permitted.