From Rainbow Vista, take in breathtaking views of Duck Rock and the White Domes. If you think you have seen these formations before, you have! Valley of Fire has been filmed for movies such as Viva Las Vegas, Star Trek: Generations, Transformers and The Professionals.
Next stop is Atlatl Rock where thousands of years ago indigenous people, the Anazazi’s, created a mysterious artform, as we know today as petroglyphs. There are many theories about the meaning behind petroglyphs ranging from perhaps telling a story, marking a territory, spiritual. Whatever the meaning may be these are truly artforms that do depict a people.
Be sure to get a memorable photo of the iconic Elephant Rock (see picture above) before the final stop at the Visitor’s Center. Peruse the center for souvenirs and books about the Valley of Fire.
- Complimentary pick up at most Las Vegas Hotels
- Arrive at the Valley of Fire State Park
- Enjoy refreshments and a box lunch of your choice: Turkey and Cheese, Ham and Cheese, Italian, the Bobbie (reminiscent of Thanksgiving), Salad and Gluten Free
- See movie film locations
- Photo opportunities of Elephant Rock, Seven Sisters and White Domes
- See the ancient petroglyphs at Atlatl Rock
- View the Stone cabins built in the 1930’s as respite for weary travelers
- Stop at the Visitor Center
Departure: 9:00 AM
Complimentary Las Vegas Hotel Pick up and drop off
Duration: Approximately 6 hours, hotel to hotel
Adults / $169.00
Children 3-12 / $153.00
No children under three permitted on this tour. Collapsible wheelchairs acceptable when accompanied by another adult. More than one party may be booked on this tour vehicle while adhering to social distancing guidelines.